BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

It’s a day when everyone remembers their father and so do I. On Father’s day all around the world people celebrate the most important person in their lives but I celebrate my father every day. Honestly speaking I don’t really need a single day in a year to celebrate being his daughter. I thank God for giving him to me as a father everyday and no single day tagged by any person can really increase or decrease
how much I love him and how much I miss being away from him.
A Father’s day sale…what does it mean?
It seems really funny that people who created this day also gave the retail industry a boost as hundreds of people totally forget the significance of the day or the person and end up spending the whole day shopping and hopping from one mall to another. In that sale mania the love and the respect for the man who gave us life is somehow lost. I too love shopping and am fond of “sale” but not a Father’s day or Mother’s day sale. In any case can your love for them be on discount by any chance? No, I don’t think so.
It is not like I am against any such day but I really think that does anyone really need a day to remember the person who gave you life and made you what you are today…I don’t think so. It is just that in this modern day we just get rid of our responsibilities by buying a card and a gift for that loved one while a little time and love can really do wonders….
A Father’s Day or Mother’s Day really gives us an extra opportunity, another day in addition to the 365 to thank them for having us and giving us the most wonderful gift of all…the gift of life and the gift of their unconditional love and support.
And this goes for my Dad…I really cannot express how much I love you and miss you. I remember you everyday as much as I do today. It’s been a long time since I last saw you and I promise we will see each other soon and till then take care and always remember I am still your little girl and I know that’s how you remember me..
Love
Me....




1 comments:

Radhika said...

I completely agree with you...even I feel tht we don't need any such day to let our fathers know tht how much we love them!! :)They know that we love them sooo much!!